We are pleased to accept the following items:
- Clothing: mens, womens, boys, girls, and infants
- Footwear: shoes and boots
- Outerwear: hats, gloves, mittens and scarves
- Media: books, records, CDs, videotapes and DVDs
- Games and Toys
- Housewares: dishes, kitchen utensils, lamps and small appliances
- Computers: In partnership with Dell, Goodwill can recycle or re-sell your working or non-working monitors, laptops, towers, network equipment, software and peripherals (printers, scanners, mice, keyboards).
- Knickknacks and Giftware
- Furniture: dressers, tables, bed frames and sofas
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Hardware and Tools
- Domestics: curtains, linen, bedspreads, blankets, etc.
- Sporting Goods
- Automobiles: We accept motorcycles, RVs, boats and more! All accepted donations are tax-deductible as provided by law. Be sure to see your Goodwill donation attendant for a receipt.
Large Item Donations (Couches, Dressers, Large Tables, etc.)
The Corporate Office (Alcott Street), West Main (Kalamazoo), Three Rivers, Benton Harbor and Sturgis stores handle donations of large items during store business hours.
Please do not leave items outside our donation centers or stores after hours! They become exposed to the elements and may be damaged, vandalized or stolen.
No, Thank You
Sometimes we may decline a donation if, in our judgement, it is hazardous or in non-saleable condition. Severely damaged or soiled items cannot be sold and simply cost us money to dispose of. Non-functioning items such as appliances cost us more to transport and repair than they can be sold for in our stores. We are unable to accept the following items:
- Large appliances: refrigerators, stoves, etc. (except at our Three Rivers Store)
- Halogen floor lamps
- Hazardous household chemicals, paint, etc.
- Food and perishable products
- Pianos and organs
- Drop-down-side cribs
- Furniture in poor condition
- Metal bed springs
- Tires, car batteries
If you have questions about specific items you would like to donate, please call our office at (269) 382-0490.
View our store locations and hours
Donate a Vehicle/ Workers on Wheels
Transportation has been identified as the most prevalent barrier to employment. Workers on Wheels provides participants with reliable vehicles for maintaining or gaining employment.
Participants receive vehicles that have been inspected and that are affordable and reliable.
Your vehicle donations are needed!
Your donation provides someone with the transportation that they need to become self-sufficient, and donations are tax-deductible. Consider donating as an option to trade-in, and help us do some good.
Call our Program Manager today, at either (269) 382-0490 or 1-800-343-0174, to donate your vehicle or to request more information.
Help Make Good Work. Donate Your Car! Donate your Truck!
Make a Financial Contribution
Monetary donations may be made online.
Goodwill Industries of Southwestern Michigan has an endowed fund through the Kalamazoo Community Foundation that qualifies for the 50% state tax credit. Just make your check or stock donation payable to the Kalamazoo Community Foundation, and put in the memo line or in a note “for Goodwill Industries.” The foundation will credit our account with the funds, and you’ll be ensuring our long-term future!
Gifts in any amount are sincerely appreciated. Your contribution will help Goodwill continue to offer quality services and make good work.
Planned giving ensures that your concerns for individuals with barriers to employment are met in the years to come. Your estate gift will provide a continuing legacy — helping individuals with barriers to work to obtain training, employment and family-strengthening support. Please contact Goodwill Industries of Southwestern Michigan to learn more about estate gift options at (269) 382-0490.
Goodwill Industries, in cooperation with the Kalamazoo Community Foundation, also establishes Charitable Gift Annuities, which are combinations of a gift to a charity and a lifetime fixed income agreement. Learn more about the benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity:
Volunteer Your Services
Last year, Goodwill provided 355 people such as yourself the opportunity to give back to their communities. Together these volunteers put in an amazing 21,404 hours of work, improving Goodwill’s ability to assist those in need.
Would you like to help your community? Print, fill in and mail our volunteer application then donate your time or skills to Goodwill Industries of Southwestern Michigan!
You can also fax your application to (269) 382-9923. If you have any questions, please call (269) 382-0490.
View Volunteer Opportunities